The Biannual Blogathon Bash runs from January 25th-28th, 2013 and yes I’m aware I’m jumping in on this one behind schedule. This event was designed for bloggers who may need a little bit of extra support from fellow bloggers with advice and mini challenges in order to chip away at your Blogging To Do list. The idea is to commit 24 hours over the weekend dedicated to catching up or improving on your blog. This comes at a good time for me since I’ve only had internet back on for 2.5 weeks and have already been working on these things daily. I wish I had found out about it prior to now so that I could have arranged to have my kids away for the weekend but 2 out of 4 are at their Grandparents so it’s better than having them all home! Heck, I’m lucky if I get a couple of hours on the computer when they’re home all weekend let alone 24.
Tasks I’ve assigned myself for the Blogathon:
- Finish fixing the broken links on MisfitMomma.com (thankfully I’m nearly done with this one)
- Reroute internal links that are linking to my old blogspot address (since my redirect does not seem to work correctly)
- I still have many old posts imported from blogger that need major tweaking, I hope to fix as many as possible this weekend. This is one of the biggest reasons I recommended starting with a domain in my Advice for New Bloggers post!
- Attempt to find a sponsor for the From Our Hearts to Yours giveaway hop I’ve signed up for – which starts February 1st
- Make some changes to my About Me, Contact, and Advertise pages as well as add a page for Guest Posting policies and perhaps the work on the planning stages of adding some regular contributors or reviewers
The complete list of things I need to do is much longer than this but long lists are so daunting and stressful that they really don’t help me at all. I hope I’m able to complete the above things and more in the time I have left this weekend.
Suggestions and questions are welcome and appreciated!