Tomorrow, May the Fourth (…be with you…) is international Star Wars Day and in honour of that I received the Angry Birds Star Wars AT-AT Attack Battle game as well as a Foam Flyers Storm Trooper Pig to review and celebrate with my children.
Use the Promo Code SWFANDAY for 20% off any Star Wars toy on HasbroToyShop.com, only on May 4th!1 That means you can pick up some of Hasbro’s great Angry Birds Star Wars games and toys, based on the hit mobile game from Rovio Entertainment!
AT-AT Attack Battle Game
The AT-AT Attack Battle Game set includes 12 figures, 8 AT-AT pieces, 21 blocks, and 1 Lightsaber Launcher. The 12 figures include 4 birds, an R2-D2 Egg, and 7 pigs as follows:
- Luke Skywalker (Echo Base Gear) Bird – set exclusive
- Rebel Trooper (Echo Base Gear) Bird
- Luke Skywalker (Hoth Pilot) Bird
- Han Solo Bird
- R2-D2 Egg
- 2 – Stormtrooper Pigs
- 2 – Snowtrooper Pigs
- Darth Vader Pig
- AT-AT Commander Pig – set exclusive
- AT-AT Driver Pig
The game play is quite straightforward, there are three pieces that need to be snapped together by an adult but once you’ve done that all you need to do is set up the AT-AT however you like, launch an Angry Bird, and destroy! The simplicity and flexibility makes this game a fun option for anyone who enjoys the concept of build and destroy, as well as Angry Birds and Star Wars fans alike.
The AT-AT can be a little difficult to set up, especially if you don’t have a steady hand. I found the best way to place the pieces without them falling over was to make sure they were being placed evenly in groups of two or more so they could steady each other and balance the weight. Place the AT-AT head last, otherwise it will topple the entire platform.
The figures are on the small side so the game is rated for children age 5 and over, but my 4 year old daughter enjoys this game much more than my older kids do. My boys are 12 and 13 and the issue that they had is that they had a hard time setting up the AT-AT without it being knocked over before they were done. As you can imagine, with 4 kids gathering together trying to place the light weight pieces on top of the platform it got knocked down quite a few times! My boys are low on patience, and were quickly frustrated. My 8 year old daughter didn’t get nearly as frustrated as my boys did, and thoroughly enjoyed plating the AT-AT Attack game with my youngest for some time.
Included with the AT-AT Attack Battle Game you will also receive a single use code to unlock new content in the Angry Birds Star Wars app.
Foam Flyers Storm Trooper Pig
The Foam Flyers Storm Trooper Pig is a 3.5 inch soft foam ball and is one of four Angry Birds Star Wars Foam Flyers available. The collection also includes Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, and Darth Vader.
It is intended for ages 3+ and includes a code to unlock content in the Angry Birds Star Wars app as well.
- 20% off offer may only be redeemed through the HasbroToyShop.com website toward the purchase of STAR WARS products currently available on the site. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other coupon or offer. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Valid only while supplies last. Not valid on previous orders. Offer may expire without notice due to error, fraud or other unforeseen circumstances. Offer valid in U.S. only. Void where prohibited. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. Offer expires May 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM (ET). 2013 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.